2 Timothy 1:7
~For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.~
I’ve suffered a great many catastrophes in my life. Most of them never happened.
- Worries about things that never happened—40%
- Worries about past, unchangeable decisions—30%
- Worries about illness that never happened—12%
- Worries about adult children and friends [who were able to take care of themselves]—10%
- Worries about real problems—8%
According to his chart, 92 percent of all worries are about things we can’t control, concerns which are better left to God. The truth is, most of our anxieties are rooted in a failure to trust God.
We simply don’t believe He is big enough or cares enough to handle our problems, give us the desires of our hearts, and keep us—and our loved ones—from harm.
Knowing God’s character, we can easily see ho we worry for nothing most of the time!